Machine Learning Systems
- New to machine learning? Not sure how ML works in production? You're welcome to follow and learn from this graduate-level course.
When we talk about Artificial Intelligence (AI) in general and Machine Learning (ML) in particular, we typically refer to a technique or an algorithm that gives the computer systems the ability to learn and to reason with data. However, there is a lot more to AI/ML than just implementing an algorithm or a technique. In this course, we will learn the fundamental differences between AI/ML as a technique versus AI/ML as a system in production.
By the end of this class, I hope:
- You will be able to apply state of the art ML algorithms, in whatever problem you are interested in, at scale and learn how to deal with unique challenges that only may happen when building real-world production-ready AI/ML systems.
- You will be able to do AI at the Edge; there will be projects for an end-to-end, cloud-to-edge, hardware + software infrastructure for facilitating the deployment of AI-based solutions using Edge TPU/NVIDIA Jetson Nano and TensorFlow Lite.
- I also hope I can convey my own excitement about AI/ML systems to you.
- You are well qualified for doing research in AI/ML systems.